Friday 5 December 2014

I almost forgot The Bead Hoarders Blog Hop!!

Thank you  Lori Anderson, for sending that reminder on Facebook about the hop. I had planned earlier in the week what I was going to do but then the week got away from me and here it is Friday night and I'm just getting to it now. I had great intentions of making a new piece but had to use past creations instead.
About the hoarding thing........we all do it. There are sooo many beautiful beads and components that it is next to impossible to resist buying at least one of everything we love! However even if I worked 12 hours a day for 6 days a week I would have a hard time using up all my supplies in a year! And then I discovered art beads and just have to support my fellow artists in the jewelry world! Those incredible lamp work , ceramic, polymer clay and metal works of art are utterly irresistible! Since I've been making jewelry for 3 years or so you can probably imagine how much I have hoarded. and now it's really getting out of hand because I've started to make my own beads and components recently out of polymer clay!

I've decided to feature jewelry that I made this past summer when I was in my purple phase and experimenting with Irish waxed linen thread (something else to hoard..... so many gorgeous colours). Of course since this jewelry includes some of my favorite beads I have to keep it for myself rather than sell them. More hoarding!!!

I love the Unicorne lamp work beads from Stinky Dog Beads and had been saving these fab purple teardrop ones for just the right project. I added some purply-pink cracked agate beads, a chunky purple resin bead, some Czech pony beads and a beautiful frosted floral lamp work bead from Glitteringprize Glass.
I finished it off with a silver plated spiral embossed bead, chain and lobster claw. I'm not thrilled with the proportions since I think the large bead is too big so this may change before I'm fully satisfied with it.

I'm much happier with the second bracelet and have worn it many times. The knotted linen makes  bracelets so comfortable and easy to wear. The focal is one of Heather's of Humblebeads fame. Her art appears so simple but is far from that and her use of colour and texture is phenomenal! I had no inkling of her talent until I started working with polymer clay!

I pulled the colours from her bird house and added several of my bead hoard to make this bracelet. There's a little bit of everything here. Starting from the bottom of the house I used amethyst coloured plastic beads, creamy white howlite bead, matte finish dyed  green jade bead, plum Czech glass flower bead,  green painted wood beads for the loop and a painted bone button for closure. From the top of the focal is a green Czech disc bead left over from my Bead Soup Mix that  my partner Michi sent me, two of my precious Judith Billig lamp work matte finish beads and a purple dyed lava bead that's been in my bead collection for many years.

Last but not least are these pretty purple earrings made using lampwork beads from Pinocean. I had heard that her beads are hard to come by so as soon as I saw some on Etsy I ordered them. I can see why her work is in such demand. The artistry, details and colours are perfection . See if you agree.


These sterling earrings feature the flame work of Mika of Pinocean and Val Lewis on Facebook. The multicoloured ones are Pinocean's while the beautiful pink/purple boro glass is from Val. They are both very talented artists and I can't help myself from supporting them!!!! The bows are pieces of sari silk ribbon and are the perfect finishing touch, I think.

That's all I'm willing to confess to at the moment. If you want to see the secret hoards of over 100 other jewelry artists check out all the blogs listed below. Thank you Lori for hosting this hop. It's been a lot of fun and has inspired me to start using more of my precious beads!

Lori Andersonwww.PrettyThingsBlog.com  (Hostess)

Audrey Belanger
esperianterra.blogspot.com
Jenny Kyrlachhttp://anafiassa.blogspot.com/
Kathy Lindemerhttp://bay-moon-design.blogspot.com/
Lori Schneiderhttp://beadaddicted.blogspot.com/
Dee Elgiehttp://cherryobsidia.blogspot.co.uk
Dolores Ramlhttp://craftydscreations.wordpress.com
Rebecca EdnieHttp://eclecticendeavours.blogspot.com
Lili Kristhttp://emjestudio.blogspot.com/
Marybeth Richhttp://forestofjewels.blogspot.com/
Hannah Rosnerhttp://goodrivergallery.wordpress.com/blog/
Nicole Princehttp://healingbeading.blogspot.com/
Deana Hagerhttp://justdeesarts.blogspot.com/
Jackie Ryanhttp://kydojewellery.blogspot.co.uk/
Elsie Deliz-Fonsecahttp://ladelizchica.blogspot.com/
Mowse Doylehttp://mowsemadethis.blogspot.com/
Evelyn Shelbyhttp://raindropcreationsbyevelyn.blogspot.com
Lisa Johnsonhttp://spudandmrsbutters.blogspot.com/
Terri Gauthierhttp://terrisbloomingideas.blogspot.com/
Patti Pruhshttp://threebeadsandastring.blogspot.com
Shai Williamshttp://www.shaihasramblings.com/
Andrea Glickhttp://zenithjade.blogspot.com/
K Hutchinsonhttps://jumbledhutch.wordpress.com
Marci Brookshttps://thatnothingbewasted.wordpress.com/
Jo-Ann Woolvertonitsabeadifulcreation.blogspot.ca
Jasvanti PatelJewelrybyjasvanti.blogspot.com
Laurie VyselaarLefthandjewelry.wordpress.com
Lisa KnappenbergerLIRaysaDesigns.blogspot.com
Mary Lindellmarylindell.com
Niky Sayerssilverniknats.blogspot.co.uk
Sandra McGriffskyescreativechaos.blogspot.com
Patricia Handschuhthecolorofdreams.blogspot.com
Erin Prais-Hintztreasures-found.blogspot.com
Maria Rosa Sharrowwillowstreetshops.blogspot.com
Kathleen Breedingwww.99bobotw.blogspot.com
Monique Urquhartwww.ahalfbakednotion.blogspot.com
Jackie Locantorewww.artfire.com/ext/shop/blog/MorningStar
Sheryl Stephenswww.babblebead.blogspot.com
Becky Pancakewww.beckypancakebeaddesigns.blogspot.com
Mona Arnottwww.bijouxgemsjoy.blogspot.ca
Michelle Escanowww.cabbycraft.com
Denise McCabewww.cabewoman.blogspot.com
Carolyn Lawsonwww.carolynscreationswa.blogspot.com
Sheila Prosewww.catswithbeads.blogspot.com
Kim Dworakwww.cianciblue.blogspot.com
Iveth Carusowww.CreativeAtelier.net/blog
Deborah Apodacawww.deborahapodacadesigns.blogspot.com/
Elizabeth Bunnwww.elizabethbeads.blogspot.com
Janine Lucaswww.esfera.me/travel/blog/travel-stories
Kari Asburywww.hippiechickdesign.blogspot.com
Inge von Rooswww.ingetraud.wordpress.com
Divya Nwww.jewelsofsayuri.com
Debbie Rasmussenwww.kepirasmussen.blogspot.com
KJwww.kjsbeadaciousbeads.blogspot.com/
Klaudete Koonwww.klaudetekoon.blogspot.com
Ghislaine Kruse-van Erpwww.kruseartllc.com
Ginger Bishopwww.lilmummylikes.blogspot.com
Kelly Schermerhornwww.meanderingwithkelly.blogspot.com
Mischelle Andradewww.micheladasmusings.blogspot.com 
Sue Kellywww.midlifegreaterexpectations.blogspot.com
Rachel Malliswww.mintmonarch.com/#!Blog/c1jlz
Susan McClellandwww.mistheword12.com
Mary K McGrawwww.mkaymac.blogspot.com
Tania Spiveywww.moobiegracedesigns.blogspot.com
Stephanie Perrywww.mustardbeadbystephanieperry.blogspot.com
Mitzie Criderwww.NeedfulLuxuries.Blogspot.com
Nicole RennellWww.nicolerennell.com/blog
Nicole Valentinewww.nvalentine.blogspot.com
Karen Mitchellwww.overthemoon-design.com
Tammy Adamswww.paisleylizard.com/blog/
Patty Millerwww.pattymillerbeads.blogspot.com
Blanca Medinawww.peru-medesigns.com
Stephanie Hausslerwww.pixybugdesigns.blogspot.com
Roxanne Mendozawww.roxidesigns.blogspot.com
Claire Fabianwww.saraccino.blogspot.com
Bridget Torreswww.shears58.net
Donetta Farringtonwww.simplygorgeous-donetta.blogspot.com
Lee Koopmanwww.stregajewellry.wordpress.com
Deb Fortinwww.studiok24.blogspot.ca
Susan WallsWww.susansartcircus.com/blog
Cece Cormierwww.thebeadingyogini.com
Heather Ottowww.thecrafthopper.com
Lizzie Clarkewww.theneedtobead.blogspot.co.uk
Elizabeth Hodgeswww.thewhisperingseas.blogspot.com
Fay Wolfendenwww.torchfairy.blogspot.com
Kelly Hosford Pattersonwww.TravelingSideShow.blogspot.com
Nan Smithwww.wirednan.blogspot.ca
Jayne Cappswwwww.mamasgototdoodle.blogspot.com
Robin Kae Reed                                       http://www.willowdragon.blogspot.com/
Melissa Trudinger                                   https://beadrecipes.wordpress.com/

28 comments:

  1. I love all the gorgeous purple beads that you have used and can understand why you hoarded them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I've enjoyed seeing what you've made with your secret hoard. Gorgeous purple tones and textures. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your purple phase was delish! I can't decide which design is my favorite but those earrings are super fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PURPLE! MY FAVORITE! The piece with the birdhouse is quite whimsical. Very nice pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the earrings with the sari silk. They will get lots of compliments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. mmmm purple! love the designs and the bright colors in the 2nd bracelet. this is the 3rd design with those button beads...I think I need to find some!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What lovely, bright shades ! Little treasures indeed~

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Heather's beads so I am drawn to the bracelet with her house. I also love earrings and yours are beauties.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty, Nan! I love dropping in and seeing your lovelies (especially when I recognize so many of the components... but I think that may be another danger sign in our hoarding addiction LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  10. PURPLE! You knew I'd love all of them, yes? And I love the Humblebeads house -- I believe I have one and am clueless as to what to do but HAD to have it!!!! You did such a great job!



    Thank you so much for participating, and don't forget to post your pieces in the special Pinterest board, http://www.pinterest.com/limamike/bead-hoarders-blog-hop/, and join the Facebook group (also welcome to your friends) www.BeadSoupCafe.com -- hope to see you at other hops!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous purples! Anytime I make anything purple, my mother steals it, as it is her favorite color! Love the bead combination in your first bracelet! And Pinocean's beads are always made with such precision...just love them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ooh I love purple, very pretty pieces, gorgeous color combinations and designed perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Purple is my favorite color and your designs gave me some delish eye candy! I'm not sure I could choose a favorite...they are all so gorgeous! I do really like the first bracelet and Pinocean's beads are wonderful...I've got several in my collection :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! Thank you for sharing your work with us. You're final pieces are really inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the products of your purple phase! Everything is pretty, well done and eye-catching. You may have inspired me to use more purple in my own jewelry. The second bracelet with the birdhouse bead might be my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  16. your work is unique and different. I also appreciated the little blurb on hoarding, I, and probably everyone on this list could have written it too if only we;d thought to

    ReplyDelete
  17. They are all beautiful pieces. Purple is a rich color and would work perfectly this time of year when we are all in the festive spirit. I hope you have enjoyed wearing them.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely pieces! Your color combinations are beautiful! I especially love those earrings with the purple bows on the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your jewelry looks so fun to wear. Those lampworked beads are gorgeous. The purple silk really sets of the colors in the beads.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your work... My fav is the first bracelet.. Purples are great... Nice & colourful.. Well done

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely pieces. Purple is always wonderful, and I love the fiber on the earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What lovely pieces you made. I cannot pick a favorite, as they are all equally beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such beautiful beads and creations!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Nan, Wonderful designs. The earrings are my favorite. I can see why you hoarded those beads. I did not previously use much purple but I am now in a purple phase as well.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your designs Nan wonderful use of colour! But I especially like the sweet birdhouse bracelet!
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  26. All the designs are so beautiful that I can't pick a favorite :) I like the choice of beads for the bracelets, so eclectic - now here are the pros of bead hoarding :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. All of you pieces are breathtaking. That little birdhouse is too cute! You have a lovely style, very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  28. These are all really pretty! I love the unicorn beads too. I love the design of the second bracelet and all of the beads, especially those in the earrings are wonderful. Have a Blessed Day!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your lovely comments! I love to read them and they really make my day.